Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Portfolio
  • Style
  • Life
  • Travel

Monday 13 October 2014 Budapest

Budapest was purely fun and laughter. It was the perfect destination for a girly, boozy long weekend away, full of folly and mischief. 
Coincidentally, two of my fab housemates (also called Hannah and Hannah - I know, beyond confusing!) were interrailing at the same time as us and, wanting to coincide with each other at at least one destination on our trip, we managed to meet them in Budapest, aswell as my other housemate and her boyfriend who wanted to join on the bandwagon too; the six of us found each other in Budapest and made the most of it.

Staying in the more urban side of the city, Buda, Phoebe and I (I admit I am to blame for this blunder) managed to book ourselves into a 'couples hostel' for the duration of our stay. Thankfully, we just giggled at our double bedded misfortune and it even didn't effect us really; the hostel was lovely and the manager, Hawaii, was really helpful with recommending all her favourite things to do and places to see in the city. The only downside was the huge amount of stairs we had to trundle up to get to the hostel... the name 'Penthouse Privates' should have really been a massive hint.



We spent the majority of the first day lapping up the sun in one of the famous Budapest Baths. It was very busy and I did at one point feel a bit like I was in a bowl of minestrone soup, but the weather was absolutely perfect for it!

Looking over at the more rural 'Pest' side of the city.


The second day we spent on a free walking tour (highly recommend for travelling on a budget!) which guided us throughout the whole of the city and then met up with our housemates later on in the evening in one of the city's ruin bars: Szimpla. Recommended by hostel manager Hawaii, the ruin bars not only offered cocktails for a really decent price, but are also set within old 'ruined' courtyards which are decked out with furniture and cool deco bits, found by hipster artists from all over the city. You can sit in the backseat of old cars with a cocktail in tow, underneath rows and rows of fairy lights! It was gorgeous :)

I did love the city and I would love to go back, but more on the basis that I know we could enjoy the great nightlife, rather than the culture and feel of the city. That's my two cents anyway!


Have you been to Budapest? Did I miss any important parts that will change my mind?


Speak to you soon when I talk about Vienna :)

Hannah x

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I will try to answer/reply to any questions left here xx