Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Portfolio
  • Style
  • Life
  • Travel

Thursday 15 January 2015 Billie Black in Brighton

Polo Neck Dress (worn underneath)  American Apparel, Vintage Dungaree Dress, Vintage Loafers, Vintage Backpack.
Ciate Hopscotch on my nails.
Brighton seems to be the most hippity, hoppity, happening place in the blogoshpere at the moment and, wanting a piece of the action for myself, Ed and I took a little excursion to wander around the cobbled streets of the seaside town.

Arriving mid-afternoon, we stopped for coffee and then went on to wander The Lanes and the North Laines shopping quarter, famous for it's markets, independent boutiques and vintage stalls. After a little research, I heard about the treasures that could be found within Snooper's Paradise and we spent a few hours foraging for gold, posing in the photobooth and getting a little freaked out by the taxidermies. We were only window shopping really but I vowed that one day, when I have a house of my own, I will rent out a van, save a huge wad of cash and nab myself some antique gems from there.


In the evening, we went to see upcoming artist Billie Black at The Green Door Store, as she was supporting housey heavyweight Mura Masa. I first heard her whilst browsing a couple of Spotify playlists and I can't get enough of her electronic, yet soulful sound; she was even better in person, falling back in love with I Don't Need Another Lover and I was newlyintroduced to Do You Really. It helps that she's blaady gorgeous too - I wanna hear more from her in this coming year!


Have you ever been to Brighton? What other boutiques/stores do I need to hit?
Hannah x

1 comment

  1. On point with your outfit - love the denim pinafore!
    https://northernmagpie.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I will try to answer/reply to any questions left here xx